You can assign built-in or custom roles to Active Directory groups. All users of the group inherit the privileges offered by the role.
- From App Volumes Manager, click .
- Select the type of role you want to add from the drop-down menu. If you had previously added a custom role, the custom role is also displayed in the drop-menu.
Option Description Administrators An administrator with access to all the functions in the App Volumes Manager. AppStacks Administrators An administrator to manage AppStacks. Administrators (Read only) An administrator who can only log in to App Volumes Manager and monitor the App Volumes configuration details. The read-only administrator cannot make any modifications. Security Administrators An administrator who can manage custom and built-in roles. Writables Administrators An administrator who can manage Writable Volumes.
- Search the domain for the administrator or group that you want to add. Select All to search in all domains or select a specific domain from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a string to search for the administrator in the configured Active Directory Groups and click Search.
You can filter the search query by Contains, Begins, Ends, or Equals.You can also leave the search field blank and click Search. The complete list of groups is displayed.
A drop-down menu with a list of groups matching your search query is displayed.
- (Optional) Select the Search all domains in the Active Directory forest box to search all domains in the entire Active Directory forest.
- Select the Active Directory group from the list.
- Click Assign.