You can install App Volumes agent silently using the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI).
- Ensure that you have installed the App Volumes Manager and you have the host IP address and port number.
- Verify that your environment meets the system requirements.
See System Requirements.
- Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target computer.
- Install the latest Windows Update on the target computer and subsequently disable the Update.
When you have application packages or Writable Volumes and the Windows Update is not disabled on the target computer, the system volume or the Writable Volumes might get corrupted.
- If you intend to use this virtual machine as a packaging computer, create a clean snapshot or take a backup of this machine. Revert to this snapshot or back up before you package new Application Packages.
- Open a Windows command prompt on your machine.
- In the command prompt, access the App Volumes Agent.msi file location.
- To install the agent, use the following command:
Option Description App Volumes 4 Update 1 and later msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: EnforceSSLCertificateValidation is an optional parameter. App Volumes 4 msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: All parameters are mandatory.