You must upload the templates to the datastore in certain scenarios. The scenarios can be as follows: you have upgraded from the previous version and want to use the latest templates, you have changed the destination of the template path, accidentally deleted, or moved a template from the datastore.
To upload the templates, use the Upload Templates page. On this page, you can view templates for Packages, Writable Volumes, AppStacks (2.x), and Writable Volumes (2.x).
For information about types of Writable Volume templates, see Types of Writable Volume Templates.
- Ensure that you have the details and login credentials of the ESX host to which you want to upload the volumes.
- Ensure that you are aware of the considerations regarding templates.
For understanding different types of templates used in App Volumes, see Understanding Templates used in App Volumes.
- From the App Volumes Manager, click .
- Click Upload Templates.
- On the Upload Templates page, provide the following information:
Option Description Storage Select a storage location from the drop-down menu. Host Select a host from the drop-down menu. ESX Username User name for the ESX host. ESX Password Password for the user to log in to the ESX host.
- Select a source template for the volumes to be uploaded.
The Type field indicates the type of volume. This could be a Package, Writable Volume, AppStack, or Writable Volume (2.x)The Exists field indicates whether the template is present at the destination path (Templates Path) and the value of this field is
- Click Upload.
- On the Confirm Upload Templates window, click Upload.