If you have upgraded from the previous version and want to use the latest templates, changed the destination of the template path, accidentally deleted, or moved a template from the datastore or file share, you can use the upload templates functionality in App Volumes and upload the template to the (.vmdk) datastore or (.vhd) file share.
For information about templates, see Understanding Templates used in App Volumes.
If you want to manually upload templates to the file share, see Manually Upload VHD Templates to the File Share.
- When uploading templates to the datastore, ensure that you have the details and login credentials of the ESX host to which you want to upload the volumes.
- For uploading .vhd templates, ensure that the file share location is configured.
For more information about configuring storage for the VHD In-Guest services, see Configure and Register the Machine Manager.
- From the App Volumes Manager, click .
- Click Upload Templates.
- Depending on whether a .vmdk or .vhd template is uploaded, perform the following:
Option Task .vmdk Enter the following information:
- Select a storage location.
- Select a host.
- Enter the credentials (ESX Username and ESX Password) for the ESX host.
.vhd Select the storage location.
- Select a source template for the volumes to be uploaded.
The Type field indicates the type of volume. The type of volume can be a package, Writable Volume (Profile Only, UIA+Profile, and UIA Only), AppStack, or Writable Volume (2.x) (Profile Only, UIA+Profile, and UIA Only).The Exists field indicates whether the template is present at the destination path (Templates Path). The value of this field is
- Click Upload.
- On the Confirm Upload Templates window, click Upload.