You can assign built-in or custom roles to active directory groups. All users of the group inherit the privileges offered by the role.
An active directory group can have more than one role assigned to it.
For information about built-in and custom roles, see Managing Admin Roles.
- From App Volumes Manager, click .
- Select the role.
If you had previously added a custom role, the custom role is also listed in the options.
- Search the domain for the administrator or group that you want to add.
To search in all domains, you can select
- Enter a string to search for the administrator in the configured active directory groups and click Search.
You can filter the search query by Contains, Begins, Ends, or Equals.You can also leave the search field blank and click Search. The complete list of groups is displayed.
A Choose Group drop-down menu with a list of groups is displayed.
- (Optional) Select the Search all domains in the Active Directory forest box to search all domains in the entire active directory forest.
- Select the active directory group from the list.
- Click Assign.