App Volumes Manager has jobs running in the background. These jobs perform a specific task and run automatically at scheduled intervals.
- Import Storage Groups
Imports volumes from any Storage Group which has auto import configured.
When the Automatically Import AppStacks and Packages option is selected, this background job runs as per the default or configured interval in the App Volumes Manager UI. When this background job runs, an ImportStorageGroupJob is triggered for every datastore in the storage group. The ImportStorageGroupJob schedules an ImportAppStackJob for any .vmdk file present in the default storage path or any path that contains an application package.
The Automatically Import AppStacks and Packages option can be used when there are multiple App Volumes Manager instances using different databases, but having a shared storage or using an NFS datastore which is visible to all the instances. This option must be enabled on the App Volumes instance that imports application packages from another instance.
- Refresh Domains
- Discovers and updates the state of domain controllers.
- Audit Vms
- Checks the virtual machine state and ensures that the attachments are in sync.
- Collect Logs
- Collects logs periodically.
- Expire Sessions
- Closes stale agent sessions and user-interface sessions that have been idle for more than 30 minutes.
- Fulfill Writables
- Checks Groups and Organizational Units (OUs) for new members and schedules creation of writable volumes for the new members.
- License Extension
- Checks for license extension.
- Marshal Writables
- Schedules jobs to marshal Writable Volumes
- Refresh Attachments
- Ensures that the volume for each attachment remains attached.
- Refresh Computers
- Ensures that the state of each computer is online.
- Refresh Machines
- Ensures that each virtual machine exists. Removes the virtual machines if they no longer exist and are not in use.
- Remove Stale Storage Locations
- Ensures that each storage location (datastore) is online and accessible. Removes stale storage locations that no longer exist in the vCenter and are no longer in use.
- Replicate Storage Groups
Starts replication jobs for StorageGroups.
When the Automatically Replicate AppStacks and Packages option is selected, this background job runs as per the default and configured interval in the App Volumes Manager UI. When the background job runs, a ReplicateStorageGroupJob is triggered for every datastore in the storage group. The ReplicateStorageGroupJob schedules a ReplicateVolumeFileJob for any AppStack or package that is not present on the rest of the datastores in the storage group. The ReplicateVolumeFileJob is scheduled for each .vmdk file to every other datastore that does not have this file.
- Sweep Vms
- Ensures that each available virtual machine exists. Removes the virtual machine if they no longer exist.
- Sync Ad
- Verifies the state of Active Directory entities such as users, computers, groups, and organizational units and keep these entities in sync.
- Sync Instances
Synchronizes application packages from the source
App Volumes instance to the target
App Volumes instance periodically at regular intervals.
For more information about synchronization, see Configure Multiple App Volumes Instances for Application Synchronization.
- Synchronize Storage
- Synchronizes Hypervisor Storage on Hypervisor <Multiple vCenters>"
- Update Timeseries
- Collects usage statistics for dashboard graphs.