You can configure asynchronous mounting on App Volumes Manager and agent to enable App Volumes Manager to handle a large number of login requests within a short time and improve scalability.
When you attach Packages, Writable Volumes, or AppStacks, the App Volumes Manager has to keep a number of HTTP connections open until the volumes are all mounted. When asynchronous mounting is enabled, App Volumes Manager does not have to wait until all the volumes are mounted and can handle other requests concurrently.
- When you perform a fresh installation of App Volumes, by default, asynchronous mounting is enabled on both the App Volumes Manager and agent .
- If this setting is deactivated for any reason, such as, when you upgrade App Volumes, you must change the settings on both the App Volumes Manager and the agent to enable it.
Enable Asynchronous Mounting On The App Volumes Agent
Enable asynchronous mounting on the App Volumes agent.
You can also change the default time (30 seconds) the agent takes to send the mount status requests to the manager.
- Log in as administrator where the App Volumes agent is installed and change the registry key settings.
Registry Setting Value Path HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\svservice\Parameters Key Asyncmount Type DWORD Value 1
- (Optional) Change the default time (30 seconds) the agent takes to send the mount status requests to the manager.
Option Description Path HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\svservice\Parameters Key VolMountConfirmationReqFrequency Type DWORD Value new-time-in-seconds
Enable Asynchronous Mounting On App Volumes Manager
Enable asynchronous mounting on App Volumes Manager.
The asynchronous mount setting is activated by default. If it has been deactivated for any reason, follow the instructions below to enable this setting on the App Volumes Manager.
- Log in as administrator to App Volumes Manager.
- Set the environment variable AVM_ALLOW_ASYNC_MOUNT to 1.