You can configure storage for AppStacks (2.x) by selecting the default storage locations and paths.
Note: AppStacks and Writable Volumes (2. x) can be created only by using App Volumes Agent 2. x and uploading the appropriate templates. Any information related to these volumes can be viewed only when the VOLUMES (2.X) tab is visible in the App Volumes Manager UI. If you have installed the latest version of App Volumes Manager and want to explore App Volumes 2. x, see Perform App Volumes 2.x Management Tasks.
Volumes are attached only for virtual machines on the host. You can add available storage only when App Volumes Manager is configured in the VHD In-Guest mode. Otherwise, the list of storage locations and datastores is populated from vCenter Server. See Configure and Register the Machine Manager.
Note: Ensure that the paths for the default locations and the templates are separate from each other.
Use a storage location that is accessible to all virtual machine host servers. When using VMDK Direct Attach Operation Mode, the App Volumes Manager requires local or shared storage to be configured on the hypervisor.
- From the App Volumes Manager, click .
If you have configured the storage options, click Edit to change the configuration.
- Enter the default storage information for AppStacks (2.x):
Option Description Default Storage Location Storage Location in VC Default Storage Path For example, /cloudvolums/apps Templates Path For example,/cloudvolumes/apps_templates
- Confirm your storage settings and click Save.
- On the Confirm Storage Settings window, choose when you want to import the volumes:
- Import volumes in the background - App Volumes Manager dispatches a background job to import the volume and the display goes back to the manager console immediately.
- Import volumes immediately - App Volumes Manager waits for the import to be completed and the console is not responsive until either the process is complete or 10 minutes have elapsed.