You can move a single Writable Volume or multiple volumes from one storage to another.
- If the volumes are still attached at the time of the move, the move will occur after the volumes get detached.
- If you are moving multiple volumes, the move will always occur in the background.
- Other operations such as sync, refresh, or rescan of volumes have a higher priority than the move operation. As a result, if these operations are queued at the same time as the move operation, the time taken to move the volumes is affected.
- The time taken to move the volumes is also affected by the number of volumes. If you are moving a large number of volumes, the operation might take a long time.
For more information about moving Writable Volumes, see Perform Writable Volume Operations (Move, Back Up, and Restore).
- Ensure that the source and destination storage are visible from the same vCenter Server.
- If you are moving a single volume and choose to move the volume immediately, ensure that the volume is detached.
- From App Volumes Manager, go to .
A list of entities is displayed.
- Select the entity whose Writable Volume you want to move.
- Click Move.
- On the Move Writable Volume page, provide the following information:
Option Description Destination Storage Select a storage from the drop-down menu. Destination Path Enter the destination path.The size of the destination storage and the expanded size (if thin provisioning is not supported) is displayed.
- Click Move.
- If you are moving a single volume, on the Confirm Move Writable Volume window, select when you want to move the selected volume:
- Move volumes in the background - App Volumes Manager dispatches a background job to move the volume and the display goes back to the manager console immediately.
- Move volumes immediately - App Volumes Manager waits for the move to be completed and the console is not responsive until either the process is complete or 10 minutes have elapsed.
- Click Move to confirm.