To use App Volumes with VHD In-Guest Operation mode, the machines where the App Volumes Manager and agents are installed require special permissions on the CIFS file share.
- On a file server, create a new empty folder.
- Copy the contents of the Hypervisor\In-Guest VHD folder from the App Volumes installation media to the new folder.
- Share the folder and grant full access permissions on the file share to everyone.
- Configure NTFS permissions as described below.
An Active Directory domain group might be used to manage permissions for the following roles:
- Managers: App Volumes Manager
- Agents: Machines that receive App Volumes and writable volumes assignments
- Capture Agents: Machines that are used for provisioning new App Volumes agents
Table 1. NTFS folder permissions required for each role Folder Managers Agents Capture Agents apps Full Read Write apps_templates Read None None writable Full Write or NoneNote: Write permissions are required by Agents when Dynamic Permissions are not enabled. None writable_templates Read None None