You can install App Volumes agent silently using the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI).
You perform a silent install using the command line and you do not need to use the App Volumes installer. You can also upgrade the agent silently. See Upgrade App Volumes Agent Silently.
- Ensure that you have installed the App Volumes Manager and you have the host IP address and port number.
- Verify that your environment meets the system requirements. See System Requirements.
- Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target computer.
- Install Windows Updates from January 2016 onwards on the target computer.
- If you intend to use this virtual machine as a packaging computer, create a clean snapshot or take a backup of this machine. Revert to this snapshot or back up before you package new Application Packages.
- Open a Windows command prompt on your machine.
- In the command prompt, access the App Volumes Agent.msi file location.
- To install the agent, use the following command:
Option Description App Volumes 4 Update 1 msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: EnforceSSLCertificateValidation is an optional parameter. App Volumes 4 msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: All parameters are mandatory.