You can install App Volumes agent silently using the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI).
You perform a silent install using the command line and you do not need to use the App Volumes installer. You can also upgrade the agent silently. See Upgrade App Volumes Agent Silently.
For App Volumes agent to validate the App Volumes Manager certificate, you can use the EnforceSSLCertificateValidation parameter.
1. By default, the value of this parameter is
1- Certificate validation is activated
0- Certificate validation is deactivated
- Ensure that you have installed the App Volumes Manager and you have the host IP address and port number.
- Verify that your environment meets the system requirements. See System Requirements.
- Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target computer.
- Install Windows Updates from January 2016 onwards on the target computer.
- If you intend to use this virtual machine as a packaging computer, create a clean snapshot or take a backup of this machine. Revert to this snapshot or back up before you package new Application Packages.
- Open a Windows command prompt on your machine.
- In the command prompt, access the App Volumes Agent.msi file location.
- To install the agent, use the following command:
Option Description App Volumes 4 Update 1 msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: EnforceSSLCertificateValidation is an optional parameter. App Volumes 4 msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qn MANAGER_ADDR=<Manager_FQDN/IP> MANAGER_PORT=<port> EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0or1>Note: All parameters are mandatory.