A rolling upgrade is a deployment strategy where a cluster of App Volumes Manager instances is upgraded by taking one App Volumes Manager offline at a time. Such a strategy reduces the overall downtime.
You must be aware of the following considerations while planning for rolling upgrades:
- App Volumes database must be backed up using SQL Server tools.
- A full server backup or snapshot of the App Volumes Manager server must be taken.
- Administrators cannot use the new functionality of the App Volumes Manager console until all App Volumes Manager instances within the cluster are upgraded to the desired version.
- Before performing a rolling upgrade, all App Volumes Manager instances must be on the same version.
- After upgrading the App Volumes Manager to the desired version, rolling back the upgrade might result in loss of new data that was created or updated in the database during the upgrade process.
To upgrade your App Volumes Manager, see Upgrade App Volumes Manager.