You can download the upgrade bundles manually, and then upgrade AppDefense Appliance using the downloaded bundles.
You have downloaded upgrade bundles. For details, refer to Download Upgrade Bundle.
- Log in to the AppDefense Appliance VA GUI at https://<appliance ip address> using the admin credentials or using the vSphere user credentials.
- Go to the Configuration > Upgrade tab.
- Under the Bundle download strategy, click Edit.
- Click Upload File. Select the downloaded upgrade bundle zip file, and then click Upload.
You get a message when the upload completes.Note: The timeout for AppDefense Appliance is five minutes. If you get a Session Expired message, log in to the AppDefense Appliance again with the same admin credentials.
- Click Save.
- Log out of the AppDefense Appliance and log in again.
A New Upgrade Available section appears at the bottom of the Upgrade page with the Upgrade Now button.
- Click Upgrade Now. The Upgrade is in progress message appears.
Note: Upgrade time is around 15-30 minutes. When the upgrade is in-progress, AppDefense Appliance restarts all the services. AppDefense Appliance remains unreachable during this time. Ignore any errors from Appliance UI during this time. After the upgrade is complete, you can verify the Appliance version on the Appliance Dashboard page.Appliance is upgraded as per the uploaded upgrade bundle.
- Log in to the AppDefense Appliance again with the same admin credentials.
Appliance Dashboard displays the updated version with the build number.
What to do next
You must upgrade the host module and the guest module to complete the upgrade process.