You can manually collect the support bundle data for the ESXi hosts on which AppDefense is running. This diagnostic information contains AppDefense specific logs and configuration files that a VMware Technical Support uses when addressing a support request.
- You have not enabled the automatic log collection feature from AppDefense Manager.
- You are requested to upload the support bundle from VMware Technical Support.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
Your account must have administrative privileges, or has the Global.Diagnostics permission.
- Select the required ESXi host or data center for which you want to collect the logs, and then click Actions > Export System Logs.
- If a group of ESXi hosts are available, select the host or group of hosts from the list.
- Select the required logs. The default selection contains many files. You must select and .
- To download the support bundle, select the required location.
- You can attach the file to your service request. You can attach the generated support bundle to the service request using vSphere Web Client.
- Go to Administration > .
- Enter your service request ID.
- Click Choose File, and select the downloaded support bundle.
- Click OK.