You can export logs for the hosts and the associated virtual machines. You can select a required duration for the exported logs, and can also export the already saved search result.
- Log in to the AppDefense Appliance VA GUI at https://<appliance ip address> using the admin credentials or using the vSphere user credentials.
- Go to the Troubleshooting > Export tab.
- Filter Query: Enter the saved search result.
- Select the time range from the calendar. The time gap must be greater than one minute. The date and time that is displayed is specific to the time zone.
- Hosts: Select the required hosts.
- Export VM logs: To include the VM logs for the selected hosts, select Export VM logs.
- Click Export Logs. The logs get exported. To discard the exported logs, click Discard.
- To download the exported logs, click Download.
The logs get downloaded on your system.
What to do next
You can provide the exported logs to the VMware AppDefense technical support team.