You can set the logging level for each service from the AppDefense Appliance Troubleshoot > Log Settings tab. The log level can be configured in a built-in package file such as Root and com.vmware.appd. By default, Root has Error and com.vmware.appd has Info as assigned log level.
- Log in to the AppDefense Appliance VA GUI at https://<appliance ip address> using the admin credentials or using the vSphere user credentials.
- Go to the tab.
- Select the required service that you want from the list.
- To change the log level settings, click the log level that you want from the list.
- A logger is the entry point in to the logging system to which messages can be written for processing. To add a logger and configure its log level, click the Add new logger (+) icon.
- To save your changes, click Save.
Log level settings are changed.