If you have lost your current API key, you can regenerate the API key. You can use the regenerated API key to register AppDefense Appliance with the AppDefense Manager again. You can also regenerate the API key when your current appliance has crashed and you deployed a new appliance OVA and you want to continue using the same appliance that is displayed in the AppDefense Manager Appliances list. You can then regenerate the API key and use the key in the new appliance to connect to the AppDefense Manager. After regeneration, the current API key becomes invalidate.
You want to register AppDefense Appliance with the AppDefense Manager again.
- Log in to the AppDefense Manager, and at the bottom of the left navigation pane, click the settings () icon.
- Click Appliances.
The Appliances page lists all the available appliances.
- Select the appliance for which you want to regenerate the API key.
- Click Actions > Regenerate API Key.
A confirmation box appears.Note: The current API key that you have used to register AppDefense Appliance with the AppDefense Manager becomes invalidate.
- To proceed to generate a new API key, click OK.
The API Key Regenerated window displays the URL for the manager in the region, UUID, and appliance API key. Keep this window open until the appliance configuration is done, or note down the information and preserve to be used in appliance configuration.
- (Optional) Click OK ONLY if you have saved the information.
The regenerated API key is available and you can use the key to register AppDefense Appliance with AppDefense Manager.
What to do next
- Log in to the AppDefense Appliance that you want to register with AppDefense Manager.
- In the AppDefense Manager section, click Edit and enter the following details.
Table 1. Manager UUID Enter the goldilocks.appliance.uuid obtained after regenerating API key. For example, goldilocks.appliance.uuid=xxxxxx1-axxx-4xxx-axxx-dxxxxxxxxxx5. Manager API key Enter the goldilocks.appliance.api-key obtained after regenerating API key. For example, goldilocks.appliance.api-key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
- Click Save.
The AppDefense Appliance is now registered with AppDefense Manager using the regenerated API key.