You can delete an appliance from your organization that you are not using anymore. You can also delete the appliance that you have already uninstalled and wants to remove from the AppDefense Manager. After deletion, you can associate vCenter Server with another AppDefense Appliance. You can delete appliance with any status.
- Log in to the AppDefense Manager, and at the bottom of the left navigation pane, click the settings () icon.
- Click Appliances.
The Appliances page lists all the available appliances.
- Select the appliance that you want to delete. You can delete any appliance, irrespective of the status.
- Click Actions > Delete.
The Delete Appliance window appears.Note:
- VMs, hosts, and clusters that are associated with the appliance gets deleted.
- Scopes and services created through any provisioning systems like Puppet gets deleted.
- Alarms for all the deleted VMs gets cleared.
- Any queued or in-progress appliance actions are canceled, before deleting the appliance.
- To delete the appliance, click Yes.
The appliance is deleted.
What to do next
After deletion, you can associate vCenter Server with another AppDefense Appliance. Assigned VMs remain associated with the services. When you add another appliance in the same organization, the deleted VMs and hosts are displayed in the organization again.