You must update configuration for AppDefense Host Module when a newer version is available.
Newer version of AppDefense Host Module is available.
- Log in to the vCenter Server and note down the IP address of the host.
- Log in to the AppDefense Manager.
- Click the Settings () icon.
- Click Inventory, and then click the Hosts tab.
- Search and select the host with an IP address noted down in the step 1.
- To upgrade the host, select one of the following options.
Schedule is set in the AppDefense Appliance time zone. By default, the AppDefense Appliance time zone is UTC and cannot be changed.
Parameter Description Install/Update To update the host module, select the required host version.
You can schedule the upgrade as Immediate or Schedule later by specifying hour and day.
Auto-Update Select the option if you want to update the host module automatically when a newer version is released.
You can schedule the upgrade as follows:
- Immediate: When a new version is released, host module gets automatically upgraded.
- Schedule: Schedule the upgrade later by specifying hour and day.
- Disable: Disable the automatic upgrade or a scheduled upgrade.
Config Sync If there is any mismatch, update the host module configuration.
You can update configuration only for the pre-installed host modules.
- To upgrade the host module, click Confirm or OK.
You can view the status of the upgrade as initiated, queued, or success with details. It takes few minutes to complete. Refresh the page after few minutes. You see that the action is finished successfully and AppDefense Host Module version appears. If the host status is not active, click the required host, and then click Config Sync. This action sync up the hosts with the new appliance configuration. After the sync is complete, the status of the host must be Active.
- Verify if the AppDefense Host Module is upgraded correctly.
- Log into the ESXi host.
- Use the
esxcli software vib list | grep glxhostcommand to verify.
- Log in to AppDefense Manager.
- Go to Inventory > Hosts tab. Verify the status of the hosts. If the status is not active, click the required host, and then click Config Sync. This action sync up the hosts with the new appliance configuration. This action is mostly applicable to the host module that is not upgraded to the latest version. After the sync is complete, the status of the host must be Active.
What to do next
Upgrade the AppDefense Guest Module.