Starting from the AppDefense Appliance 2.3 release, you can now upgrade AppDefense Appliance with the Fail-Safe upgrade feature. If there is an upgrade failure, the Fail-Safe appliance upgrade reverts the appliance to the previous running version. Newly deployed 2.2.1 appliance version qualifies for the Fail-Safe upgrade.
Following steps lists the upgrade path that you have to follow to make the appliance version compatible with the Fail-Safe upgrade feature. If your appliance version is 2.2.0 or earlier, you can follow these steps for the Fail-Safe upgrade feature.
- Back Up AppDefense Appliance VM Before Upgrade.
- Upgrade to intermediate version 2.2.1.
- Add an Additional Disk for Appliance VM.
- Resolve disk space issues, if any.
- Download Appliance Upgrade Bundle.
- Now upgrade to version 2.3 with Fail-Safe upgrade feature support. For details, refer Step 1: Upgrade AppDefense Appliance.