Check these release notes regularly for updates.
- Added support for Virtual Machine Images (OVAs). Now users may request supported applications in OVA format as well, in addition to already supported helm chart and container image form factors. These OVAs will be validated on the latest version of VMware Cloud on AWS. For more information, refer to Virtual Machine Images Documentation.
- Started container images, Helm Charts and metadata files signing with cosign.
- Added new applications: SonarQube.
- Added new applications: Apache Geode, Contour Operator, Argo Workflows.
- Metadata for containers and charts are stored in the OCI registry.
- Improved applications onboarding UX. Manage your custom base images and registries directly in our UI.
- Added new applications: Sealed Secrets, OpenLDAP, Data Platform Blueprint 1, Data Platform Blueprint 2. Check the application changelog for more information.
- Improved applications onbaording UX.
Added the help support panel featuring "Question Based Lists" allowing you to explore our documentation directly from our UI.
Added new applications: Kubeapps APIs. Check the application changelog for more information.
- Improved applications onbaording UX.
- Added new applications: OpenResty, Grafana Tempo, OAuth2 Proxy, Concourse, Argo CD. Check the application changelog for more information.
- Added new applications: Wavefront Prometheus Storage Adapter, Wavefront Adapter for Istio. Check the application changelog for more information.
- Wavefront Helm Chart Kubernetes Collector is a scratch container now.
- Added new applications: Grafana Operator, Apache Solr, ORAS, Trivy, kubeapps-pinniped-proxy. Check the application changelog for more information.
December 10th, 2020
- VMware Application Catalog for Tanzu Advanced
- The customer's onboarding process for new organisations significantly improved. This will result in faster service activation.
- Improved the application details view. All Helm Chart dependencies are shown in the UI now.
- Added a new getting started page with a summary of the service and its features
- Credentials' view so customers can manage their access to the registry that contains VMware Application Catalog for Tanzu Advanced's catalog
- New release of chart-syncer tool with support for OCI registries as source passing the list of charts and as target.
September 31st, 2020
Updated the application details view to focus on the release process.
August 31st, 2020
- Preliminary support for showing multiple application releases in the User Interface: although VMware Application Catalog is continuous delivering new assets as they are built, the UI was only showing the latest version for each application. With this change, and only when being part of a chart, a message will popup if there is a more recent version of a given container image.
August 14, 2020
- Introduced two new build time reports for both containers and helm charts:
- Asset Specification: contains information about the asset such as name, version and the list of system packages.
- Test Results: exposes the testing suite that the application passed before releasing
July 13, 2020
- Exposed the full customer catalog in a consolidated view.
- Displaying the application type in the rows.
- Establish a more visual way to display relationships between applications and their dependencies
- Simplify the navigation. Now all applications are at the same level, instead of being scoped under a "catalog"
June 23, 2020
- Added new filters in the applications section allowing to filter the table globally and specify an operating system or the status of applications.
- Display the operating system in the Applications table.
June 5, 2020
- Applications list can now be filtered by application and version:
May 13, 2020
- Added documentation and help widgets.
- Improved the Applications section UX/UI:
- Different version branches of the same application are now grouped together.
- Helm Charts and Container dependencies are now visible in the artifacts sections.
- Helm Chart tarball urls are now displaed in the information pane.
March 26, 2020
- Added pagination and sorting in the main catalog section.
- Improved Application Request Wizard for Containers & Helm Charts selection.
March 13, 2020
- Added a new application request wizard.
- Improved the Helm Charts sections by adding more information: including repository URL, digest and instructions about how to install it.