You can convert an existing vCenter cloud account in VMware Aria Automation from one that connects to a vCenter server directly to one that connects through a VMware Aria Automation extensibility (vREx) proxy.
Regardless of whether you use the Forward all traffic through proxy option, VMware Aria Automation manages the associated vCenter instance with the cloud account. The difference is whether VMware Aria Automation manages it directly or through an intermediary VMware Aria Automation extensibility (vREx) proxy.
- A better throughput for highly loaded VMware Aria Automation instances.
- A more reliable connection to distant vCenter servers.
- The opportunity to manage vCenter servers in network isolation.
You can toggle and test the connection mode.
To change the association of an existing vCenter cloud account from a direct vCenter connection to an indirect, intermediary VMware Aria Automation extensibility (vREx) proxy, use the following procedure:
- Verify that you have the needed prerequisites for managing vCenter cloud account through a vREx proxy. See How can I configure and use a VMware Aria Automation Extensibility proxy with a vCenter cloud account for improved VMware Aria Automation performance across datacenters.
- Log in to VMware Aria Automation and open the Automation Assembler service.
- Click vCenter cloud account. and select the existing
- In the Credentials area of the cloud account page, select the Forward all traffic through proxy option and select the configuredVMware Aria Automation extensibility (vREx) proxy from the drop-down menu of available VMware Aria Automation extensibility (vREx) proxies.
After you select a vREx proxy, you must revalidate your user name and password credentials.
- Revalidate your vCenter credentials as prompted.
- Save the changes.
For related information about creating a vCenter cloud account, see Create a basic vCenter cloud account in VMware Aria Automation.