You add a vSphere cloud account and configure its parameters by running a Automation Orchestrator workflow.
- To configure and work with cloud accounts in VMware Aria Automation, verify that you have the necessary credentials. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in VMware Aria Automation.
- For information about creating vSphere cloud accounts, see Create a vCenter cloud account in VMware Aria Automation.
- Log in to the Automation Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Navigate to and enter the cloud_accounts tag in the workflow search box.
- Locate Create vSphere Cloud Account workflow and click Run.
- Select a VMware Aria Automation host for which you want to configure a vSphere cloud account.
- Enter a name for the cloud account.
- Configure the vCenter credentials.
- Enter the IP address or fully-qualified domain name of your vCenter server.
- Select whether to accept self-signed certificated automatically without user confirmation.
- Provide the vCenter server user name and password.
- If you want to add tags to support a tagging strategy, add capability tags.
You can add tags now, or later when you edit the cloud account. For information about tagging, see How do I use tags to manage Automation Assembler resources and deployments.
- Click Run.
What to do next
Configure a cloud zone within the cloud account you just created. See Add a cloud zone.