As a cloud administrator, you can configure VMware Aria Automation to send users notifications when specific events in Automation Service Broker and Automation Assembler occur.
You can send notifications for several types of events, called scenarios, such as the successful completion of a catalog request or a required approval.
|Deployment Lease Deletion||A deployment lease expired and the deployment is scheduled for deletion. The message is sent to the deployment owner 15–30 minutes before the deployment is destroyed.|
|Deployment Lease Expired||A deployment lease expired and the deployment is about to be deleted.|
|Deployment Lease Expiring||A deployment lease expires soon. The message is sent to the deployment owner three days before the lease expires.|
|Deployment Request Approved||A request is approved. The message is sent to the user who requested the deployment.|
|Deployment Request Rejected||A request is rejected. The message is sent to the user who requested the deployment.|
|Deployment Request Waiting for Approval (Notification sent to requester)||A request awaits approval. The message is sent to the user who requested the deployment.|
|Pending Approval Request (Notification sent to approver)||A request requires approval. The message is sent to the user who must approve the request.|
|Pending Work Item (Notification sent to assignees)||A request requires user input to proceed. The message is sent to the user who must provide input.|
|Pending Work Item (Notification sent to requester)||A request requires user input to proceed. The message is sent to the user who requested the deployment.|
|Work Item Answered||A request that required user input was answered and the deployment proceeded.|
|Work Item Rejected||A request that required user input was rejected and the deployment did not proceed.|
- Verify that you configured an outbound email server. See Add an email server in vRealize Automation Service Broker to send notifications.
- Log in to VMware Aria Automation as an administrator.
- Select .
- Select one or more events to trigger user notifications.
- If a user email is changed in Active Directory, it might take at least 15 minutes before the email address is updated in VMware Aria Automation. In the meantime, notifications might be sent to the old email address.
- Notification recipients are limited to 100 users per notification. For Active Directory groups, the limit is 10 groups per notification, where each group consists of a maximum of 500 users. If a group consists of more than 500 users, the notification is only sent to 500 users, and not to the rest of the users.