To discover status information about reportable VMware Aria Automation actions, use audit logs.
VMware Aria Automation creates an audit log when you perform a reportable action, such as when you deploy a cloud template or catalog item, perform a Day 2 action on a resource or deployment, or create, delete, or update a property group. Audit logs display a status value or a message for each reportable action type, depending on the action. They can also contain information about the action, such as a timestamp, message, user name, project name, and trace ID value.
- Catalog deployment operations
- Cloud template operations
- Day 2 deployment operations
- Day 2 resource action operations
Each of the above four action types creates an initial audit log with a Submitted status. Based on how the action is completed, an additional log is created that displays a Successful, Failed, or Canceled status.
- Create, delete, and update property group operations
- Create, delete, and update product feature toggle operations
- Create, delete, and update policy operations in Automation Service Broker- such as Day 2 actions, lease, content sharing, approval, deployment limit, and resource quota policy operations
- Create, delete, and update extensibility subscription operations
Each of the above four action types creates a message in the audit log display screen.
Searching, displaying, and exporting an audit log
You can filter your search for, and display of, audit logs. You can also output audit logs in CSV format.
To display audit logs, use the following procedure.
- Log in to VMware Aria Automation as an Automation Assembler administrator and open the Automation Assembler service.
- Select the Infrastructure tab and click .
- Open and review the audit log or logs of interest.