Use this simplified method to create a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in VMware Aria Automation based on an SDDC that resides within a US region.
When the Automation Assembler agent on the source VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC is deployed, it creates a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account. If the agent is not yet deployed on the SDDC, a message appears during the cloud account creation procedure that prompts you to activate that deployment yourself.
This process not only creates a cloud account but it also creates a set of starter objects, including a catalog item and cloud template. It also creates infrastructure resources such as a project, cloud zone, flavor and image mappings, a network profile, and a storage profile.
Note: If you are creating a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in a VMware Aria Automation on AWS GovCloud (US) environment, see Getting Started with VMware Aria Automation on AWS GovCloud (US). Documentation about related products is available at the VMware vRealize Cloud Universal on AWS GovCloud (US) product documentation landing page.
If your VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC resides outside a US region, see Create a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in VMware Aria Automation in the workflow
For general information about VMware Cloud on AWS, see VMware Cloud on AWS documentation.
- Select .
- Click Add Cloud Account and select the VMware Cloud on AWS tile.
A note appears in the top bar of the cloud account page stating that this method of configuration is only available if the SDDC resides within a US region. If your selected SDDC does not reside within a US region, click the supplied manual link and switch to a user interface for the manual method of cloud account definition. The manual method is documented at Create a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in VMware Aria Automation in the workflow.
- In the SDDC name drop-down menu, select an SDDC from the list of available SDDCs.
The list of available SDDCs is derived from your VMware Cloud on AWS subscription.
- If the Automation Assembler agent has not yet been installed on the SDDC, a message appears. Follow the instructions in the message and on the resulting pages to activate the agent and then resume this procedure.
- If the Automation Assembler agent has been installed on the selected SDDC, a message appears stating that the selected SDDC is already activated in VMware Cloud on AWS and to click the Use Manual Configuration button to continue. Click the Use Manual Configuration button to open the next page of screen options and continue defining the cloud account.
- As prompted, enter a name and description for the cloud account.
- The SDDC name, vCenter Server IP address/FQDN, and NSX Manager IP address/FQDN settings are auto-populated based on the SDDC name.
If you are creating a VMware Aria Automation on AWS GovCloud (US) cloud account in a VMware Aria Automation environment, do not use the default NSX Manager IP address/FQDN setting. Instead, you must specify the NSX Manager IP address that is identified in the VMware Aria Automation on AWS GovCloud (US) SDDC.
- Click Validate.
The Validate option confirms that the Automation Assembler agent can successfully connect to the vCenter and NSX Manager.
If you receive an
Error updating endpoint Name: Endpoint already exists, a cloud account has already been associated to that SDDC.
- In the Configuration section of the page, specify one or more SDDC data centers that you wish to provision to and optionally create a new cloud zone for provisioning within each specified data center.
- In the Capabilities section of the page, optionally specify capability tags for the cloud account.
Use tags according to your organization's tag strategy. See How do I use tags to manage Automation Assembler resources and deployments and Creating a tagging strategy.
- Click Add to create the cloud account.