As an Automation Service Broker consumer, you deploy a catalog item that was imported from Automation Assembler, Amazon CloudFormation, and other sources so that you can deploy it as part of your work processes.
- If you are a member of one project, you can see only the catalog items for that project.
- If you are a member of several projects, you can see the catalog items for those projects. You can use the Projects section to filter catalog items by a specific project.
- If your project does not have any configured catalog items, the Catalog section does not appear.
Projects also determine your options at deployment time.
The information provided in this article is general because each catalog item is unique. The variation depends on how the template and other items were constructed, including what variables are made available to you at request time.
- Click the Consume tab in Automation Service Broker.
- (Optional) In the Projects drop-down menu, select the project for which you want to view the available catalog items.
If multiple projects appear in the drop-down menu, you can select more than one project. You can see a list of your projects on the Overview page.If you have access to a single project, you can skip this step. All catalog items for that project appear in the catalog.
- Click Catalog.
The available catalog items are available to you based on the project your selected. If you didn't select a project, all catalog items that are available to you appear in the Catalog.
- Locate the catalog item you plan to deploy.
You can use the filter, search, or sorting options to find the catalog item.
- Click Request.
- Provide any required information.
If the template has more than one released version, select the version that you want to deploy.
A deployment name is required, as is a project. The project list includes those that you are a member of.
The form might have other options that you must configure, depending on how the template was designed.
- Click Submit.
The provisioning process begins and the Deployments page opens with your current request at the top.
What to do next
Monitor your request. See How do I monitor Automation Service Broker deployments.