After you create a namespace in the Cloud Consumption Interface (CCI), you can select or create a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster that you can deploy on a Supervisor or use as an IaaS resource.
On a CCI namespace page, you can view and manage existing TKG clusters associated with the selected namespace. To view the TKG cluster resources associated with a particular namespace, click the applicable namespace name on the left tree menu and then click the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service tile. The Tanzu Kubernetes cluster Service page will open listing all clusters associated with the namespace. Click the Related objects tab on the Tanzu Kubernetes Service page to see all of the services and other objects associated with Tanzu Kubernetes page on the namespace.
Also, you can create a new Tanzu Kubernetes cluster associated with the namespace using the wizard. As you work through the wizard, the pane on the right side of the page displays the YAML code for the cluster you are creating. The following procedure outlines how to use the new Tanzu Kubernetes cluster wizard.
- Open the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service page for your namespace by clicking the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service tile.
A New Tanzu Kubernetes cluster wizard will start that guides you through the process of creating a new Tanzu Kubernetes cluster.
- Click Create.
- Select the configuration type that you want to use for the Tanzu Kubernetes cluster. The configuration selection defines the resources available within the virtual machine.
You can choose either a default configuration or a custom configuration based on the v1alpha2 API.
- Select the image to use with the virtual machine.
- If desired, you can click the Advanced Configuration check box to access settings to specify additional resources that are available within the virtual machine.
As you create a TKG cluster, the YAML code that defines the cluster is displayed in the YAML section at the bottom of the page. You can click the Download .Zip button to download a zipped copy of the YAML file generated by the virtual machine wizard.
After you create a TKG cluster, it is listed on the TKG services page for the applicable Supervisor Namespaces in CCI. You can click on the TKG cluster name to open a page that displays Summary information for that instance. You can do several things with the deployed cluster from this page.
- You can edit the control plane for the number of replicas or for the specified virtual machine class.
- You can edit the nodepools for the number of replicas or for the specified virtual machine class.
- You can add Volumes to the cluster.