This dashboard provides operational insight into the overall health of the Horizon Connection Servers, performance, availability, and risk. It allows the administrators to have a single pane of glass to see across Connection Servers and identify areas of operational concern and take proactive remediation steps.
The dashboard is organized to show the critical Horizon Connection Server services and performance at the top and the relative compliance information is organized towards the bottom.
How to Use this dashboard
Horizon World Critical Issues scoreboard widget provides insight into the overall datacenter and protocol performance for all Horizon sessions, current connected users, and critical issue count for VDI pools and RDS farms. When you double-click any scoreboard metric, you can create trends for that metric and change the total timeframe for this metric's trend.
- Horizon Connection Server Performance: provides insight into overall performance of the Connection Server VMs allowing for quick identification of Connection Servers with performance issues.
- Connection Server HTTP Health Check (response should be 200): provides insight into the Connection Servers where the Horizon service is failing its Health Check. If the Health Check status shows a status of 500 or is colored red, this indicates the Horizon services on the Connection Server are in a failed state, and immediate steps should be taken to recover the services.
Note: For this widget to work, you must install the Telegraf agent on the Connection Server VM, and the HTTP Check metric should be enabled and collecting.
- Connection Server Connections Disparity % (should be < 30%): provides insight into potential session imbalance across the Connection Servers supporting the Horizon Pod. The higher the disparity percentage the more imbalance of sessions exists across the Connection Servers. This can be used to identify load-balancing issues or Connection Servers not accepting connection requests.
- Horizon Connection Server LDAP Replication Error (should be 0): provides insight into Connection Servers with LDAP replication errors and the overall count of servers with the replication errors that require immediate remediation.
- Connection Server Detailed Breakdown: provides a list view of all Connection Servers and their critical service and performance metrics and properties. This widget allows for quick sorting and identification of Connection Servers by the desired metric or property.
- CS Net Performance to Router: provides a trend analysis chart of the performance and availability of the configured network route in terms of Route Latency (ms) and Route Packet Loss (%) for each Connection Server.
Note: For this widget to work, you must install the Telegraf agent on the Connection Server, and configure the Ping Check metric to the desired network target for monitoring.
- CS Connection Trend: provides a trend analysis chart of Connection Servers by the number of Connections. Allows for quick identification of Connection Servers near the Connected Session maximum limits (2000), as well as the overall balance of the sessions per Connection Server.
- Server Status: provides a distribution of Horizon Connections Server by Server Status health. Value should be OK.
- PCoIP GW Status: provides a distribution of Connection Servers by the status of the PCoIP GW service.
- BLAST GW Status: provides a distribution of Connection Servers by the status of the BLAST GW service.
- Connection Servers by Build: provides a distribution of Horizon Connection Servers by the current build version.
- Connection Servers by Certificate Status (should be true): provides a distribution of Horizon Connection Servers by their Valid Certificate status. If the value is False then the server certificate is not currently valid.
- Certificate Invalid Reason: distribution of Connection Servers by the invalid reason, if the certificate is in an invalid state. Expect the distribution to be empty if no Connection Servers have invalid certificates.
- Horizon Pod True SSO Connector Errors: provides a distribution of the total number of True SSO Connector errors by pod. Allows for quick identification of pods with True SSO Connectors errors.
- Horizon Pod SAML Authenticator Errors: provides a distribution of the total number of SAML Authenticator Errors by pod. Allows for quick identification of pods with SAML Authentication errors.