The Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator consists of a PAK file that contains out of the box workflows from VMware Aria Operations Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator. You can install more than one Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator .
The solution that you downloaded include a PAK file. Save that PAK file to a temporary folder on your local system.
- Log in to the VMware Aria Operations user interface with admin privileges.
- From the left menu, click .
- Go to the Repository tab in the right pane, and then click Add.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
For example, vmware-MPforVMwareAriaAutomationOrchestrator-<version#-build#>.pak.
- Make the following choices:
Select the checkbox against, Install the PAK file even if it is already installed.
Select the checkbox against, Reset Default Content, overwriting to a newer version provided by this update. User modifications to DEFAULT Alert Definitions, Symptoms, Recommendations, Policy Definitions, Views, Dashboards, Widgets and Reports will be overwritten. If you are installing a product software update, clone or backup the content before you proceed.Note:
Select these checkboxes if you are updating the Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator from version 3.1 to version 3.2.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA, and then click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the process.
- When the installation is finished, click Finish.
What to do next
Configure the Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator to connect to an external VMware Aria Operations Management Pack for VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator or an instance embedded in VMware Aria Automation.