You can take a snapshot of your current query and time range in VMware Aria Operations for Logs for quick viewing or to save to a dashboard. Snapshots can be taken from the Explore Logs page.
A snapshot saves the log messages available within the time range at the moment when you take the snapshot. After you take a snapshot, click it to return to the query when you took the snapshot. If you want to save one or more snapshots, add them to an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Aria Operations for Logs web user interface as a user associated with the User role, or a role that has the relevant permissions. For more information, see Create and Modify Roles in Administering VMware Aria Operations for Logs. The URL format of the web user interface is https://operations_for_logs-host, where operations_for_logs-host is the IP address or host name of the VMware Aria Operations for Logs virtual appliance.
- In the Explore Logs page, perform the query that you want to save as a snapshot.
- Click the Snapshot icon.
The snapshot appears at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) Change the query and take additional snapshots.
The snapshots appear at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) At the bottom of the screen, click and select Save All to Dashboard.
The snapshot is added to the selected or new dashboard.
- Select an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Click the "X" on a snapshot to delete the snapshot.
- (Optional) Click and select Delete All to delete snapshots.