You can decommission a partition to stop the ingestion of new logs into the partition.
Note: You cannot decommission the default indexed partition.
Verify that you have a premium or a trial subscription for VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS).
- If you have a trial subscription, you must activate log partitions before using the subscription. To activate partitions, go to Enable Partitions. and click
- If you have a free subscription, you cannot use log partitions.
- If you have a premium subscription, log partitions are available by default, and you do not have to activate the feature.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Locate the partition that you want to decommission in the Indexed Partitions or Non-Indexed Partitions section.
Tip: You can also search for the partition by entering keywords in the search text box.
- Click the three dots icon against the partition name and click Decommission Partition.
- In the pop-up window, click Decommission.