Log Retention in VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS) allows you to retain certain logs for lesser number of days than the default retention period of 30 days. By retaining logs for a lesser number of days, you can remove logs with short life spans or sensitive information. The system runs log retention configurations as periodic tasks.
- View your existing log retention configurations.
- Remove configurations.
- Deactivate configurations.
- Create new log retention configurations.
- Modify existing configurations.
Log partitions ingest logs and store them based on the policies or rules that you define for each partition. Similar to log retention, you can specify a retention period for each partition rule, which is the number of days for which you want to retain the logs. For more information, see Log Partitions.
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS) web user interface as an administrator.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- On the Variable Retention tab, you can view the existing log retention configurations, if any. You can also remove or deactivate configurations.