When you no longer need it, you can delete an extracted field from VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS) after ensuring it is not used in any queries.
You must have administrator permissions to delete an extracted field.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Go to the Explore Logs page.
- In the upper-right corner of the Fields section, click Fields Library.
- Locate the field that you want to delete. You can search by field name or filter fields by their source.
- In the field card, click the Delete field icon.
If the field is being used in a query, you are informed of this. Fields cannot be deleted while they are being used.
- Click Delete in the confirmation pop-up to finish the deletion.