VMware Aria Operations for Networks supports Check Point Security Manager (SmartCenter) and the Check Point Multi-Domain Security (MDS) Management Servers.
You must ensure that:
- The data source and its version is supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
VMware Aria Operations for Networks requires read-only privileges for the Web-API access for fetching most of the Check Point data. There are few exceptions as follows:
- If a non-VSX physical gateway is attached to the management server, the user should have read-write access privileges for the Web API. This is required to fetch the gateway routes for using the
run scriptWeb API for the VM-VM path computation.
- If a VSX gateway is attached to the management server, the user should have the SSH access with the same password. In addition, the user should have access to the CLI command
vsx_util view_vs_conf. This command is used to fetch the VSX gateway routes for the VM-VM path computation.
- For MDS server IP as data-source, the user should have the Web API access to all domains including the MDS domain and the global domain. It is required to fetch rules, policy packages and other data from all the domains.
- From the left navigation pane, go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under the Firewall group, click Check Point Management Server.
- In the Add a New Check Point Management Server Account or Source page, provide the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details.Note: If you are adding the Check Point MDS Management server, you must provide the IP of the MDS server. You cannot add the domain management server IP of an MDS server as an individual data source. Username Enter the user name. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
- Define the polling interval for the configuration data collection. You can set the polling interval from 10 minutes to 7 days.
- Preset - Select the interval time from the predefined time set.
- Custom Interval - Set a value and select Minutes, Hours, and Days.
- Fixed Schedule - Select the days and set the time to schedule the interval.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.