You can add OpenShift as a data source and fetch your OpenShift details into VMware Aria Operations for Networks.
Note: OpenShift and the corresponding NSX-T Manager must be added to the same collector VM.
You must ensure that:
- The data source and its version is supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
- You have added NSX-T Manager in VMware Aria Operations for Networks.
- From the left navigation pane, go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under Containers, select OpenShift.
- On the Add a new OpenShift Account or Source page, provide the following details:
Field Name Description NSX-T Manager Select the NSX-T Manager that supports the underlying networking for OpenShift. Collector VM VMware Aria Operations for Networks automatically selects the corresponding collector VM associated with the chosen NSX-T Manager.Note: The collector VMs that are added as a NetFlow collector are not available in the list. Kubeconfig Click Browse and upload the Kubernetes configuration file that has Kubernetes cluster details. For more information about the format of the Kubeconfig configuration file, refer to the Kubernetes documentation.Note: The user configured in the Kubeconfig file must have the List and Watch privileges.
- Click Validate.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
VMware Aria Operations for Networks can now fetch the OpenShift details.