The VM-VM path for AWS provides the path visibility between the on-premises VMs and the AWS EC2 instances.
- AWS intra-VPC VM-VM path: This scenario involves the communication between the VMs of the same subnet or different subnets in a particular VPC.
- AWS inter-VPC VM-VM path through the peering connection: This scenario involves the communication between the VM of one VPC to the VM of another VPC through a peering connection.
- AWS VM to Internet: The VM in a VPC communicates to Internet through the Internet Gateway.
- AWS VM to the data center VM through AWS VPN connection: In this scenario, the VM in a VPC communicates to the VM in a data center through the AWS VPN connection. VMware Aria Operations for Networks supports SDDC and NSX-V and NSX-T data centers for this scenario.
- The hybrid path topology to NSX-T and NSX-V data centers works only when the NSX-T and NSX-V edge routers are configured with a public IP address.
- VMware Aria Operations for Networks does not support the VM underlay topology for AWS.
An example of the AWS VM-VM path for the AWS inter-VPC VM-VM path through the peering connection is as follows:
You can view the properties of the peering connection by pointing to its icon in the VM-VM path.
AWS Route Table
AWS Virtual Private Gateway
AWS Internet Gateway
AWS VPN Connection
AWS VPC Peering Connection