In VMware Aria Operations for Networks, you can configure web proxies to connect to other entities (data sources, cloud service platforms, and so on) when the connection is made over the Internet.
|Data Sources||Web Proxy (HTTP)||Web Proxy (HTTPS)|
|Amazon Web Services||Yes||Yes|
|VMware Cloud on AWS - NSX Manager||Yes||Yes|
Supported Web Proxies
- HTTP and HTTPS unauthenticated web proxy
- HTTP and HTTPS authenticated web proxy with the basic authentication
- HTTP web proxy with the NTLM authentication supported through CLI only.
Note: If you set NTLM authentication-based web proxy using CLI on a platform VM, then the platform VM cannot communicate with Cloud Service Providers (CSP). This is because currently, we do not support communication with CSP using NTLM web proxy.
Add a Web Proxy
- Go to .
- In the Add Web Proxy window, do the following:
Option Action Type Select a web proxy type from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP/FQDN of the web proxy you want to add. Port Enter the port number used by the web proxy. Nickname Enter a nick name for the web proxy.
- (Optional) Select the Use credentials check box, and provide a username, password, and authentication method.
- Click SUBMIT.
Edit and Delete a Web Proxy
- In the Web Proxies page, click the edit icon next to the web proxy you want to edit, and modify the information as required.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Click the delete icon next to the web proxy you want to delete.
Note: Make sure that the web proxy you want to delete has zero Connected Entities. If you have one or more Connected Entities, then you must migrate the entities to a different web proxy before moving to the next step.
- In the Confirm Action window, click DELETE.
Collector Migration for Web Proxies
Before migrating collector to version 6.1, if you set a web proxy on the collector using CLI, and if you set the flag isHttpProxyEnabled = TRUE, then all the data sources which were reachable through the web proxy, work seamlessly after the migration to 6.1 as the system auto applies the web proxy details to these data source configurations.