In VMware Aria Operations for Networks, you can add Fortinet FortiManager as a data source.
You must verify the following information:
- The data source and its version is supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
- You have at least the Restricted User role with access to all ADOMs and policy packages.
- You have the rpc-permit read-write access enabled from Command Line Interface (CLI).
To configure the rpc permission, use the following command in FortiManager CLI:
config system admin user edit "<administrator name>" set rpc-permit [none | read | read-write ] end
- From the left navigation pane, go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under Firewalls, select Fortinet FortiManager.
- On the Add a New Fortinet FortiManager Account or Source page, enter the required information:
Option Action Collector VM Select the collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP Address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name you want to use for this data source. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
- Define the polling interval for the configuration data collection. You can set the polling interval from 10 minutes to 7 days.
- Preset - Select the interval time from the predefined time set.
- Custom Interval - Set a value and select Minutes, Hours, and Days.
- Fixed Schedule - Select the days and set the time to schedule the interval.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
- Layer 3 Routing (IPv4)
- Security Policy
- Security Zone
- NAT (Network Address Translation)
- Virtual Domain