You must have privileges to access specific features in the VMware Aria Operations user interface. The roles associated with your user account determine the features you can access and the actions you can perform.
Each predefined role includes a set of privileges for users to perform, create, read, update, or delete actions on components such as dashboards, reports, administration, capacity, policies, problems, symptoms, alerts, user account management, and adapters.
- Includes privileges to all features, objects, and actions in VMware Aria Operations.
- Users have privileges to perform the actions of the Administrator role except for privileges to user management and cluster management. VMware Aria Operations maps vCenter Server users to this role.
- Users have privileges to perform the actions of the Administrator role except for privileges to user management, cluster management, and remediation actions.
- Users can manage all content, including views, reports, dashboards, and custom groups in VMware Aria Operations.
- GeneralUser-1 through GeneralUser-4
- These predefined template roles are initially defined as ReadOnly roles. vCenter Server administrators can configure these roles to create combinations of roles to give users multiple types of privileges. Roles are synchronized to vCenter Server once during registration.
- Users have read-only access and can perform read operations, but cannot perform write actions such as create, update, or delete.