You can take regular backups of your custom and the out-of-the-box content and import it to a different environment.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the backup ZIP file. For details, see Creating a Backup.
Note: Items owned by a particular user (for example, dashboards and report schedules), except those owned by the admin user, will be skipped while importing the content.
Note: Only one export or import operation can take place at a time.
- From the left menu, click Administration, and then in the right pane, click Content Management.
- Click the Import tab and then, click Browse to select the downloaded ZIP file with the exported content.
The data included in the ZIP file is displayed in the 'Data Available' table.
- If there is a conflict while importing the content, you can select to either Overwrite existing content or Skip item(s).
The import report with the timestamp is displayed after the import operation is complete. You can view this information under the Results section in the same page.
- For content types with sensitive information, enter the password that you had set while exporting the content.
- Click Import.
After the import is completed, the content is available in the destination setup.Note: VMware Aria Operations SaaS does not support the export/import of Authentication Sources, Users, and Http Proxies.