You can create a custom compliance benchmark to ensure that objects comply with compliance alerts available in VMware Aria Operations, or custom compliance alert definitions. When a compliance alert is triggered on your vCenter instance, hosts, virtual machines, distributed port groups, or distributed switches, you investigate the compliance violation. You can add up to five custom compliance score cards.
To create a custom benchmark based on industry standard regulatory compliance requirements, you must first download and install the compliance management packs.
- From the left menu, click to access the compliance page.
- In the Custom Benchmarks section, click Add Custom Compliance.
The Add Custom Compliance dialog box opens.
- Select Create a New Custom Benchmark.
- In the Name and Description step, provide a name and description for the custom benchmark and click Next.
- In the Alert Definitions step, select the compliance alerts that you want to add to this custom compliance benchmark and click Next.
- In the Policies step, select the policies to activate compliance and click Finish.
The custom compliance which monitors alert definitions that you selected is available in the Custom Benchmarks section of the Compliance page. You can edit the alert definitions and policies at any time by clicking Edit.