Changes in the products or product versions from software providers can change the list of updaters you need.
Carbon Black App Control tracks changes to the updaters for supported products and the arrival of new products that have their own updaters. When you install a new version of Carbon Black App Control, the updater lists are modified to reflect these changes. However, you might need to have the updater list refreshed between releases.
By allowing Carbon Black File Reputation to maintain the updaters, you can get new and modified versions as soon as they become available. Enabling Carbon Black File Reputation updates also means that obsolete updaters are deleted from the updater list. This feature is enabled by default if you have Carbon Black File Reputation enabled.
Enable or Disable Cloud Updates of Updaters
To enable or disable cloud updates of updaters, perform the following procedure.
- On the console menu, click System Configuration on the Administration (Gear) menu.
- On the System Configuration page, click Advanced Options.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Edit button.
- In the Software Rule Options panel, the Carbon Black File Reputation Rapid Configs and Updaters option is enabled by default:
- If you do not want Carbon Black File Reputation to keep your updaters current, deselect the Rapid Configs and Updaters check box and click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
- To re-enable automatic updates from Carbon Black File Reputation, select the check box and click the Update button.
- In the Confirm Server Setting Change dialog box, click Yes to save your changes.
Enable Alerts for Updater Changes Delivered from the Cloud
You can enable an alert that will notify you each time an Updater is created, modified, or deleted. This is recommended if you enable automatic cloud updates.
- On the console menu, click Tools > Alerts.
- Select the check box next to the Updater Modified Alert.
- On the Action menu, click Enable Alerts.