App Control Server performs its own database maintenance.
The following sections describe two maintenance tasks and their schedule:
This task runs every midnight (App Control Server local time). It performs the following actions in sequence:
- Cleans up obsolete inventory records. This includes records of old files deleted from endpoints as well as inventory files related to deleted computers,
- Cleans up events and notifications that are below the configured retention threshold,
- Collects server performance statistics,
- (Optionally – if configured) Deletes old file catalog files that have 0 prevalence on agent machines,
- Performs various other data maintenance and cleanup tasks.
DailyPruneTask usually takes between 30 minutes and 3 hours, depending on database size and churn. Console performance might be slower while this task is running.
This task runs every Saturday, at 3 AM. It performs the following actions:
- Defragments database indexes that have a high level of fragmentation (>20%).
- Creates missing database statistics.
- Updates obsolete database statistics.
Depending on database size, Database Maintenance can run from 1 to 6 hours. Console performance and other operations might be impacted while this task is running.