Because you may enter only one API token when configuring the integration between a Carbon Black EDR Server and an App Control Server, you should create a new Carbon Black EDR user for this purpose and use the API Token for that user. The Carbon Black EDR user whose token is used must be in the Administrators group and also must be a Global administrator. The summary of basic steps is shown below:
To create a Carbon Black EDR integration user and API Token (summary steps):
- Login to the Carbon Black EDR server as a user who can create other administrative users.
- In the Carbon Black EDR console, go to Administration > Users, click Add User, and create the new App Control integration user. Be sure to assign this user to the Administrators team and also check the Global administrator box.
- Logout and login to the Carbon Black EDR console again as the new user you created.
- In the Carbon Black EDR console menu, choose username > My Profile.
- On the My Account page, choose API Token on the left menu and copy the string in the Your API Token box. This is the string you will use to configure Carbon Black EDR integration in the App Control Console, on the Licensing tab of the System Configuration page.
See the VMware Carbon Black EDR User Guide for more detailed instructions.