To create and configure an approval or ban for a single file, perform the following procedure.
- On the console menu, click Rules > Software Rules.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click the Add File Rule button. The Add File Rule page opens, with Approval as the default
- Specify the rule details and the file to be approved or banned. See File Rule Parameters for a full list of parameters and rule information.
Note: Additional options appear on the Add File Rule page if you have enabled Unified Management of multiple servers. See Unified Management of Rules.
- Provide a
Rule Nameto identify the rule in the table.
- Select the
Rule Type— Approval, Ban, or Ban (Report Only). If you select Ban, a warning states that the Ban can stop matching files that are currently running. See Enabling Bans to Stop Running Processes.
- If the rule is a Ban, choose the
Type(Hash or File Name).
- For Hash rules, specify the type of hash (MD5,SHA-1,or SHA-256).
- For File Name Bans, select the platform to which the rule will apply (Windows, macOS, or Linux).
- Enter the Hash Value or File Name that will identify the file.
- Optionally, provide a Description.
- In the
Rule Applies Tofield, select All policies or specify the Selected policies to which the rule will apply.
- Provide a
- To create the approval or ban, click Save.