The default location of zipped, uploaded files is in the Parity Server\Files folder of the Carbon Black App Control installation directory.
Uploaded files are stored in numbered zip files. For example, the first file you upload might be in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\Files\1.zip.
You can change this location by editing the Default Upload Location setting on the System Administration/Advanced Options page. You must have write permission for the upload location you specify.
- If you specify a folder without a full path, the location is assumed to be relative to the Bit9\Parity Server\ directory on the App Control Server.
- You can specify a full path, including a drive letter, on the App Control Server.
- You can use a full UNC path to specify a location on a system other than the Carbon Black App Control Server. You must have network access to the system you specify.
Change the Uploaded File Location
Perform the following procedure to change the target location for uploaded files.
- On the console menu, click the configuration (gear) icon, click System Configuration, and then click the Advanced Options tab on the System Configuration page.
- Click the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
- In the File Uploads panel, enter the path for the location to which you want uploaded files sent and click the Test button to make sure that the location exists.
If you specify a directory that does not exist, clicking Test can produce a failure message. However, if you have permission to write in the directory above the location that you identified, the folder will be created and files will be uploaded to that location.
- If the location you chose passed the test, click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
Note: You also can use Event Rules to automatically upload files that match the file specifications in a rule, and can define a new location for each rule. See Event Rules.