Copying a dashboard can be useful under a number of circumstances, including:
- To make your own copy of a shared dashboard that someone else created.
- To add or remove portlets, or otherwise edit the dashboard.
- Open the Edit Dashboard page for a copied dashboard using one of the following methods:
On the console menu, click Reports and then click Dashboards. On the Dashboards page, click the button next to the dashboard to copy.
- or -
- On the dashboard to copy, click the Copy Dashboard button .
- The Edit Dashboard page opens, showing all of the parameters as the dashboard you copied, except for the name, which appears in the form Copy of <name-of-source-dashboard>. Replace the default name with the name to use for the dashboard.
- Optionally modify dashboard parameters. For details, see Create a Dashboard.
- Delete any portlets you do not want on this dashboard by deselecting the check box to the left of the portlet name.
Caution: Do not click the Delete link to the right of the portlet name – this action deletes the portlet from the Carbon Black App Control Server entirely, not just from the current dashboard.
- Add portlets by selecting the check box to the left of their names. To create a new portlet, see Creating and Customizing Portlets.
- Click Save.