You can make copies of a memory rule on the same server. You do this so you can customize a sample rule while preserving the original settings as a template. It also allows you to make slightly different rules for different policies without having to manually provide all of the settings for each one.
- On the memory rules table page, click View Details to open the details page for the rule you want to copy.
- On the details page, click Copy this rule... in the Actions menu on the right side of the page. This opens a dialog box.
A dialog box opens. By default, the name of the copy uses the original rule name plus (copy).
- Optional. In the dialog box, change the rule name if you want something more descriptive.
- If you want the new rule enabled immediately, check the Enable copied rule box.
- Click OK.
The copied rule is created and its details page replaces the details page for the original rule.
- Make any changes in the new (copied) rule and Save, or Save & Exit.