The Licensing panel of the System Configuration page shows the licenses you have at each level, allows you to add new licenses, and shows how many licenses of each type are in use.
The Licensing panel can also show optional or custom features that are activated. For example, if you have licensed the Carbon Black App Control Connector, it is shown in this panel.
To view the Carbon Black App Control Licensing configuration page, click Administration > System Configuration> Licensing on the console menu.
On the Licensing tab, the Summary panel shows the following information:
- Carbon Black App Control Suite license shows the limit for the number of agents (if any) you are licensed to run under full Control mode ,and the number of these licenses that are currently in use.
- Carbon Black App Control Visibility license shows the limit for the number of agents (if any) you are licensed to run under Visibility mode only, and the number of these licenses that are currently in use.
- There are x computer(s) currently in Visibility policies and There are y computer(s) currently in Control policies not only show the number of systems you currently have in each mode, but also provide access to a list of each. When you click the highlighted number in each line, the Computers Page opens showing only the computers in the category that you clicked. This line also shows how many computers managed by this Carbon Black App Control Server are servers.
- If your current license includes optional features, these are also shown in the Summary panel.
- Carbon Black App Control licenses specify the allowable number of agents in each category. Licenses are not locked to particular agents. The number of agents actually operating at each level is controlled by the Mode setting on the Add Edit Policy page for the policy controlling the agent. You can move a computer or group of computers from Visibility mode to Control mode or vice versa, as long as you have a sufficient number of suite licenses for the systems in Control.
- For agents in Visibility mode policies, Visibility Only licenses are used first, up to the number you purchased (if any), and then Suite licenses are used.
Carbon Black App Control server administrators can see licensing information on the Carbon Black App Control Console Home Page if the Licensing portlet is displayed. This portlet provides a Manage your licenses link that takes you to the Licensing configuration page.